Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oreo Bon Bons

Submitted by: Tenille Slack

Ingredients:
1 package regular Oreos
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 package (24 oz) Almond bark (found by baking items) or use white chocolate
Parchment paper

Directions:
1. Crush all Oreos. I like to use my Pampered Chef chopper. Oreos should be quite fine, with small chunks. Place Oreo chunks in a large mixing bowl.

2. Begin cutting cream cheese into cookie crumbs. I like to use a pastry blender. Once partially mixed, get ready to get your hands dirty. Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs together with your hands. You want these mixed together VERY WEll. The stickier the better. Dry sections won't form a nice ball.

3. Once dough is mixed, roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. I like to place balls in the refrigerator while I melt the almond bark.

4. Melt Almond bark according to directions. I use the MICROWAVE dircections. Do Not scorch!

5. Pull balls out of the refrigerator and dip in almond bark. I like to use a spoon to pour Almond bark over the ball. Place dipped bon bon on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Place dipped bon bons in the refrigerator to set.

6. ENJOY!!!

Note: This would be a fun project for older children to help with.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, these are delish! I first tried them at RS Fab.Friday, and I'd say they were a big hit with everyone since the dish was nearly empty only 1/2 through the evening!Thanks for sharing, Tenille!