Submitted by: Kathy Simmons
1. Don't substitute: use the finest materials, butter, cream,etc.
2. Don't stir the side's of candy back down into the pan & use a heavy pan.
3. Place liquids in before sugars & don't make more than one batch at a time.
Dipping Chocolate: There are many brands of dipping chocolate,finer quality's have less coca butter or wax. I like Guittard "Heritage" or "Old Dutch". I have also used and liked Merckens. Peter's is also good but has a verry low melting point so it is a little harder to work with.
One of the most important steps is melting the chocolate properly.You may melt it in a double boiler(I don't). But NEVER let water or steam get into the chocolate. I melt in the microwave on power 2,STOP and stir often. The best method is to shave your chocolate and place it in a warm oven that has been turned off and oven light left on all night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment